All of my life I looked for peace and serenity in such things as the amount of money I made, being liked, belonging to the “group”, and the position I held at work. I always equated my worth with either how much money I had, the number of friends who surrounded me or the power I had over others in my job. As long as I had a lot of possessions, friends or power, I felt I was someone. It wasn’t until my friend, Sandra, told me that I was putting my hope in possessions, popularity and power, all of which are so uncertain, and that I needed to put my hope in Jesus Christ who would richly provide me with everything that I would need. It was Sandra who shared what I would like to share with you today. For those of you who have already heard this message, may it be a reminder that we are to go into all the world and make disciples out of those with whom we share the message of hope.
This is all about becoming a child of God by placing your hope and trust in Jesus Christ, and coming to know just how much He loves you. As a former motivational speaker who got paid big bucks to teach the “You can have it your way and all you need to do is think positive” message, let me be real honest with you…it doesn’t work! I followed this philosophy for years. I was walking around dead from the neck up, void of joy, hope and spiritual life. I pretended to be happy on the outside but I was dying on the inside. I am so grateful that Sandra led me to accept Christ as my Lord and Savior and become a child of God.
I am not talking to you about religion. I am talking to you about developing a personal relationship with Jesus. “What does that mean?” you ask. Simply put, it means asking Jesus Christ to be the Lord of your life, and spending time getting to know Him through Bible study, prayer and fellowship.
There are so many things I could share with you about how my personal relationship with Jesus has changed my life, but let me share with you just a few examples of what having a personal relationship with Jesus has done for me.
- I have learned to look to Him for answers to the problems I face. Have all my problems gone away? NO!! But what has changed is how I respond to the difficulties placed before me. I have a picture of Daniel in the lion’s den in my office. Daniel is looking out a small window from the depths of the dungeon. His gaze is upward to God. What is amazing about this picture is that the lions are all around him, but not ONE is chewing on his heels! As long as I continue to look up to Christ, the “lions” of this world won’t devour me!!! And guess what? They won’t devour you, either!!
- I have learned to place my trust in Christ instead of man.
- I have learned that we are NOT born for time here on earth but we have been born for eternal life. Most of us live our lives focused on the wealth, titles and possessions we acquire here on earth without much thought to our life beyond this life. I ask you this question: Have you ever seen a hearse pulling a u-haul? Need I say more? My inward and outward behavior is matching up to reflect His light and glory, not mine!
You may be asking, “How can I have a personal relationship with Jesus?” It is a simple act and is a free gift from God. He loves you and wants you to begin to place your trust in Him and live your life for Him, not for people here on earth.
The Bible says, “as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God”. Just take a minute speak to Him and confess,
- Lord Jesus, I need You
- Thank You for dying on the cross for my sins
- I believe that You were resurrected from the dead in order that I might have eternal life
- I put my trust for eternal life in You and invite You into my life to be my Lord and Savior
- I no longer want to live independently of You
Then, thank Him for giving you eternal life.
Please contact me at email@example.com or call us at 888-586-8356 if you made a life decision to ask Christ into your life. We will be in touch with you to help you take further steps to grow in your relationship with Jesus. Life with Christ is life that is truly life!